i often find stuffed pasta too rich and heavy, so the addition of spinach and chicken in these made them perfect!
random side note - there is usually egg in the filling of stuffed pasta like this. i accidentally forgot the eggs, but they turned out fabulous! why add the calories if you don't need them, right?
three cheese spinach and chicken stuffed shells
1 12 oz box jumbo shell pasta
2 chicken breast, cut into small pieces and cooked sprinkled with garlic salt and pepper
1 bunch spinach, steamed
8 0z part skim ricotta cheese
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons basil
2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt (i used lawry's)
salt and pepper to taste (i used a good amount of both)
your favorite pasta sauce
1. cook pasta according to directions. lay out shells on tin foil to keep them from sticking together.
2. combine ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan and spices. add chicken and spinach and mix well, breaking up spinach as you stir. taste and add extra salt and pepper as needed.
3. stuff each shell with a large spoonful of cheese/chicken/spinach mixture.
4. i used a 9x13 and an 8x8 baking dish. spread a thin layer of sauce in baking dishes. lay shells across sauce. top with more sauce as desired.
5. bake at 375 for 30 minutes, until bubbling.